What Areas of the Face Can BOTOX® Treat?
Wrinkles around your eyes or mouth can develop in your mid-20s. At any age, involuntary contractions of forehead muscles can cause fine lines and creases in the skin. BOTOX® is an FDA-approved neurotoxin that smooths skin by targeting and temporarily relaxing wrinkle-causing muscles. A board-certified plastic surgeon, like Dr. Ayoub, can loosen and soften muscles in the face to give you a natural, uplifted look. Learn more about how Botox can help you improve your facial appearance.
What Facial Areas Can Botox Treat?
Botox can treat facial wrinkles, creases, and lines caused by muscle movement —from your forehead to your chin, and it can also improve neck creases and folds. You have forty-three facial muscles, so selecting a provider with in-depth knowledge of facial anatomy and extensive experience with Botox injections is vital to give you safe, predictable results.
In 15- to 20-minute sessions, Botox can treat these areas:
Over time, repeated contraction of the forehead muscles can crease the skin. Forehead lines are among the first to form, showing signs of aging. Botox treatments for forehead wrinkles have these effects:
- Relax overactive forehead muscles
- Prevent forehead lines from becoming deep wrinkles
- Smooth skin for a more youthful appearance
Frown Lines Between the Eyebrows
Vertical lines on the forehead between the eyebrows are known as frown lines, glabellar lines, or 11 lines. The muscles can contract whenever you squint, concentrate, or frown. After years of muscle contraction, the lines can linger, and Botox relaxes the muscles and reduces the lines.
Your plastic surgeon will do the following:
- Identify the muscles causing lines between your eyebrows
- Use Botox to relax the muscles selectively
- Soften the frown lines
Botox can provide a non-surgical lift for mild-to-moderate eyebrow sagging or drooping. Although some patients are concerned that the treatment may make them look startled or frozen, your plastic surgeon will strategically place Botox to relax the muscles that cause sagging eyebrows and achieve these results:
- Lift the brow
- Improve heavy upper eyelids
- Brighten the eyes and help them look less tired
Smiling, laughing, or squinting contracts the muscles near the outer corners of your eyes and creates skin wrinkles known as crow’s feet. Although wrinkles occur as we age, Botox treatment can minimize their severity.
The treatment has these effects on crow’s feet:
- Relaxes contractions of the muscle (orbicularis oculi) that causes crow’s feet
- Reduces the muscle’s dragging effects on the skin
- Softens lines around the eyes
- Prevents future lines from forming with regular maintenance
Facial bunny lines are fine lines and crinkles in your upper nose. Skin moisture decreases with age, and when you squint, laugh, smile, or sniff, the skin contracts and bunny lines may form. Many people like bunny lines, but if you prefer to smooth them, you can get these results from targeted Botox treatment:
- Relax the muscles in your upper nose
- Decrease lines and wrinkles
- Maintain facial expressions without seeing deep lines or developing new lines
Lines Around the Mouth
If repeated muscle contractions have caused you to develop lines around your mouth or wrinkles when you pucker your lips, Botox treatment may improve them.
Treatment benefits include:
- Relaxes muscles
- Softens lines
- Gives lips a more youthful appearance
Cheeks, Chin, and Jawline
Your cheeks, chin, and jawline can lose definition with age. Treatment to masseter muscles (cheekbone and lower jaw) can be the key to these improvements:
- Soften square or oddly shaped jaw muscles
- Slim your facial profile
- Reduce the jowl (sagging skin beneath the chin and jawline)
Sagging muscles cause neck bands or cords. Relaxing the platysma muscles that extend from your lower cheek, beneath your chin, and down the front of your neck has these effects:
- Relaxes jaw muscles
- Makes neck bands less visible
- Lifts the neck
How Long Does Botox Facial Treatment Last?
It takes commitment to maintain the effects of Botox facial treatment. You will need to repeat treatment sessions every three to four months.
At Westfield Plastic Surgery, your treatment will be:
- Quick and easy. Treatment sessions last 15 to 20 minutes and allow you to resume your routine.
- Comfortable. We ensure you remain comfortable during treatment. Most patients feel minimal discomfort or no discomfort at all.
- Customizable. We tailor treatment to your preferences to help you achieve and maintain your desired facial appearance.
- Predictable. Dr. Ayoub is highly knowledgeable about facial anatomy and strives for safe, predictable results. You should see the results within 24 to 48 hours and the full effects within a month.
Request an Omaha Botox Consultation
During a Botox consultation, you will meet with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Nagi Ayoub to discuss your concerns and aesthetic goals. After reviewing your medical history and examining your facial anatomy and features, he will explain whether you are a candidate for Botox and which techniques will achieve your preferences. Learn more about the benefits of Botox today.