For some Omaha men and women, diet and exercise just aren’t enough to give them the body they desire. Despite their regimen, they still have unwanted, stubborn fatty deposits that just won’t go away. For these patients, liposuction is an ideal plastic surgery procedure to help them get the bodies they desire.*
Liposuction is a body sculpting procedure that uses a cannula, a thin tube with a vacuum, to break up and suction fat from specific areas of your body. Liposuction is a safe and time-tested procedure that Dr. Ayoub recommends for patients who want to reduce fat from problem areas that just won’t go away no matter how much they diet or exercise. Because the treatment targets specific areas of your body, incisions are small (2-4 millimeters), and patients in Omaha see immediate results that continuously improve during recovery.*
What Will Happen During My Liposuction Consultation?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Ayoub will go over the areas where you want liposuction. This procedure targets not only the stomach but the:
- Neck, providing greater definition between the neck and chin.
- Chin, to remove an unwanted “double chin” look.
- Breasts, which may be used during breast reduction procedures.
- Arms, which is commonly performed to remove sagging skin underneath the arms, typically after a patient has lost a significant amount of weight.
- Chest, especially in men who have enlarged breasts.
- Flanks, an area which doesn’t respond well to diet and exercise alone.
- Love Handles, which can be difficult to exercise away.
- Calves, providing definition to the calf muscles.
- Ankles, where unwanted fat can accumulate.
- Back, a difficult area to lose weight.
- Knees, providing more definition to this joint.
- Legs, making many people more confident in shorts and mini skirts.*
- Thighs, which can be difficult to define, no matter how many squats you do.
- Butt, providing you with a more shapely bottom.
During one liposuction procedure, Dr. Ayoub can work on several different areas of your body to add contour and definition.*
Our Approach to Liposuction
Dr. Ayoub performs tumescent, or superwet, liposuction with the use of a vacuum for most Omaha patients. While there are other liposuction methods such as power-assisted liposuction (PAL), laser-assisted liposuction (LAL), and ultrasound-assisted liposuction (UAL), Dr. Ayoub prefers this approach because of its effectiveness and safety.
What is Tumescent Liposuction?
To prepare you for liposuction, Dr. Ayoub will inject a solution of local anesthetic (lidocaine), saline, epinephrine, and sometimes bicarb into the tissue to:
- Shrink capillaries to minimize blood loss.
- Reduce pain after your operation.
- Harden fat for easier reduction.
After the tumescent liposuction solution is absorbed by your tissue, Dr. Ayoub will suction fat using a series of different-sized cannulas depending on the location and appearance of fat deposits.
Can Liposuction Help Me Lose Weight?
Liposuction can work wonders on problem areas of stubborn fatty tissue that just won’t go away no matter how hard you diet or exercise. However, liposuction shouldn’t be considered a weight loss procedure. In fact, each session of liposuction only removes about 2 to 4 pounds of fat – hardly enough to help make a significant difference to the number you see on the scale.
But, don’t let the fact that liposuction isn’t a weight loss procedure discourage you. Liposuction can work wonders in eliminating problem areas, helping you fit into clothing more easily, look better in a bathing suit or bikini and have added self-confidence*.
Who’s An Ideal Patient for Liposuction?
Liposuction isn’t for everyone. In fact, the most ideal Omaha patients for liposuction will:
- Be in good general health.
- Be at or very close to their goal weight.
- Practice a healthy diet and exercise regularly.
- Have stubborn fatty deposits that just won’t go away despite their diet and exercise regime.
- Be non-smokers, as smoking can complicate both the liposuction procedure and recovery process.
- Be in good psychological health.
- Have realistic expectations for their liposuction procedure.
What Will Happen During My Liposuction Surgery?
For many of Dr. Ayoub’s patients in Omaha, liposuction is the first surgical procedure they have ever undergone. So, it’s understandable that they would be nervous about having liposuction performed, despite their desire to lose their stubborn fatty deposits. When you work with us, though, you need not worry. Your safety and comfort are our top priorities, and we will do everything possible to make your liposuction procedure a pleasant experience.
Your liposuction will be performed at a certified outpatient surgical center where you can rest comfortably afterward. Before surgery, anesthesia will be administered so that you do not feel anything during the operation. During the surgery Dr. Ayoub will:
- Inject the tumescent liposuction solution into tissue.
- Make a small, subtle incision in the area or areas you want to reduce fat deposits.
- Insert the cannula to break up and suction fat.
- Reduce fat symmetrically from your problem areas to create definition and contour.
- Close the incision to promote faster healing.
Once your surgery is over, you will remain in the recovery room until you feel well enough to return home. Most Omaha patients can return home to recover on the same day as their surgery.*
How Long Will It Take to Recover?
The first few days after your procedure will involve some pain and discomfort. Most patients take at least 2-4 days off from work so that they can concentrate on healing.*
During your recovery period, you will need to wear a pressure garment for 2-4 weeks to:*
- Reduce swelling after the operation.
- Lower the risk of complications.
- Help you recover more quickly.
Because many Omaha patients combine liposuction with a tummy tuck, your recovery may take a little bit longer and involve more instructions.*
What Will My Results Look Like
Dr. Ayoub performs liposuction on patients who are close to their ideal weight, so you should not substitute this procedure for weight loss. Instead, you will be a few pounds lighter, but have a body that is shaped the way you want it. Patients find that their clothes fit better and small bulges that once bothered them are completely gone.*While you will initially be swollen after your liposuction surgery, as your swelling subsides, your results will be more noticeable.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
Are you ready to finally have the body you’ve always wanted? If so, schedule a liposuction consultation with Dr. Ayoub in his Omaha offices today. During this consultation, Dr. Ayoub will examine your problem areas, listen to your concerns, and provide you with realistic expectations of what your results may look like.
If you want to reduce stubborn fat deposits and contour your body, call Westfield Plastic Surgery’s office in Omaha at (402) 829-6384 to schedule your liposuction consultation.