Omaha Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure to enhance the natural look of a woman’s breasts with either saline or silicone implants after her breasts have completely matured. A breast lift is usually combined with a breast augmentation to correct sagging and achieve the best possible results for patients, typically after pregnancy. The results of breast augmentations are often very gratifying for Dr. Ayoub’s patients and often restore a woman’s self-esteem and image.*
What Can Breast Augmentation Correct?
There are several reasons that Omaha women choose breast augmentation surgery. Many women choose breast augmentation to restore the volume of their breasts or enhance the size of smaller breasts. Common reasons for patients to come in for a breast augmentation include:
- Size changes after pregnancy.
While pregnancy and motherhood are often one of the most rewarding experiences of a woman’s life, pregnancy and breastfeeding can impact the size of a woman’s breasts, often creating the desire in Omaha women to regain their pre-baby look.
- Substantial loss in breast volume after pregnancy.
For some Omaha women, a significant amount of breast tissue volume is lost after pregnancy, breastfeeding and losing baby weight. Many of these women turn to Dr. Ayoub to restore the natural volume of their breasts.
- Hereditary problems that limit breast development (tuberous breasts).
Tuberous breasts can prevent breast development from properly forming, but a breast augmentation surgery can help correct the problem and provide women with natural looking breasts.*
- Asymmetrical breasts.
All women have asymmetrical breasts, but for some Omaha women, the differences between the sizes of their breasts are so noticeable that it makes it hard for them to find a bra or bathing suit that fits properly. Breast augmentation can help even out breast volume and provide these women with a more balanced look.
- A desire to increase the size and volume of naturally small breasts.
Some women have never been satisfied with the size of their breasts. Whether these women feel their breasts are too small or just don’t compliment their physique and silhouette, a breast augmentation is a surgical procedure that can help these women achieve the look they’ve always desired.
What Will Happen During My Consultation?
Dr. Ayoub values spending the time to educate patients in Omaha about their options for implants and what will work best for their bodies. Dr. Ayoub will provide you with the information you need to find the correct size, profile, shape, and type of implant during a consultation by:
- Examining your breasts and thoughtfully listening to your concerns.
- Measuring the length and width of your chest to determine a proportional size.
- Taking high-definition photos to create a 3D simulation using Vectra 3D breast imaging.
- Reviewing various implant sizes and shapes using 3D simulation to find the ideal breast size and shape for your body type.
- Trying on different sizes using a specialized sports bra for a better understanding of how your breasts would look after surgery.
- Discussing expectations and how surgical results may differ from the computer program.
During your consultation, Dr. Ayoub will develop his approach to your breast augmentation surgery by discussing not only the type and size of implants that suit your body but the best incision for the procedure. Although both saline and silicone are safe and FDA-approved, Dr. Ayoub prefers silicone implants for most patients because they most closely resemble your natural breast tissue and are harder to detect.
Choosing a Breast Implant Profile
While many women in Omaha who visit Dr. Ayoub know they need to choose how big they would like their new breasts to be, they don’t often realize that they need to choose a breast implant profile, as well. The breast implant profile refers to the diameter of the implant. There are three breast implant profile types – low, medium, and high. A low profile implant has the highest implant diameter and sticks out the least. A high implant profile has the smallest diameter and sticks out the most. And a medium implant profile lies somewhere in the middle.
Selecting a Breast Implant Shape
Breast implants come in two different shapes – round and teardrop. Most women desire a natural looking result and choose teardrop shaped implants. However, Omaha women wanting fuller breasts and more cleavage may select the round implants, which tend to provide these more dramatic results.
Our Approach To Breast Augmentation
Dr. Ayoub has performed breast augmentation as a board-certified plastic surgeon for nearly 15 years. His approach is based on educating and spending time with Omaha patients to arrive at the best possible outcome, using TouchMD as a resource for patients to access information about their procedure and to review information from their consultation.
Types of Incisions
Breast augmentation patients are frequently concerned about scarring from their procedure, which is understandable. Just because you are getting breast implants, doesn’t mean you want the whole world to know you’ve had a breast augmentation. Dr. Ayoub carefully evaluates your breast anatomy to select an incision to minimize the potential for scarring and conceal any visible scar in the natural fold of your breasts. The four types of incisions that Dr. Ayoub specializes in are:
- Inframammary fold: under the breast, which keeps the incision scar hidden by your bra or bikini line.
- Periareolar: around the nipple, in which the natural coloration change of your breast and areola disguise the scar. While this is a popular breast augmentation incision, it is not recommended for women who may want to breastfeed in the future as it can cut through milk ducts.
- Trans-axillary: under the armpit, with the incision disguised underneath your arm.
- Trans-umbilical breast augmentation: through the navel, with a small incision made in the belly button.
After performing the incision, Dr. Ayoub will then place the implants under the pectoralis muscle or directly under the breast tissue, depending on the patient’s anatomy and desired result.
What Will Happen During My Breast Augmentation?
Your breast augmentation surgery will be scheduled at a certified outpatient surgery center. Before your surgery, a trained anesthesiologist will administer general anesthesia, and Dr. Ayoub will begin the operation after the anesthesia has taken full effect. During your procedure Dr. Ayoub will:
- Make an incision to access your breast tissue.
- Create a pocket for your implant.
- Place the implant either under the muscle or directly under the breast tissue.
- Close the incision to reduce scarring.
When you wake up, you will be in the recovery room and will require some time to rest before you can return home. Most patients can go home on the same day and will begin to notice a reduction in pain and discomfort 48 hours after surgery.*
Call Us to Discuss Your Breast Augmentation Options.
If you’re ready to say “Yes” to a new physique and silhouette, then there’s no need to delay.
Breast Augmentation Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Prevent Hematoma After Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation surgery is a difficult decision for many women in Omaha, and many women will do their own research. It is absolutely normal to want to know all possible outcomes from such a significant undertaking. One of the foremost concerns that women have is the possibility of developing a hematoma post-operation.
A hematoma is a complication that may occur following a breast augmentation procedure. They occur when blood pools in pockets under the skin around the incision site. Although this particular complication is rare, it can be very frustrating for patients who are eager to show off their new figure. Hematomas which occur shortly after surgery usually do so because of a blood vessel spasm during surgery which relaxed afterward, thereby allowing that vessel to bleed. Hematomas which occur weeks later usually do so during the natural phase of clot lysis, during which time your body naturally reabsorbs blood clots which you formed during surgery.
Dr. Ayoub wishes to ensure Omaha women seeking breast augmentation surgery that the risks of hematoma are very low, and provides a list of possible preventative measures both pre-op and post-op:
- Patients should refrain from drinking alcohol and taking anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Patients should adopt a diet rich in Vitamin K such as kale, spinach, and other green vegetables.
- Avoid excessive heat and heat sources, even from the sun or heat pads.
- Large amounts of rest.
- Avoidance of activities that will raise blood pressure, even normal daily activities or light exercise.
Is There an Increase in a Woman’s Libido after Getting a Breast Augmentation?
Breasts are a significant part of a woman’s identity, and especially her sexual identity. Women in Omaha and around the world that seek breast augmentation at Westfield Plastic Surgery Center may do so for self-confidence reasons, but a major part of that self-confidence is the attention of others. There is a question that arises through this process though, how does breast augmentation affect libido?
The short answer is, the science is still unclear. There are no direct and verifiable answers that can be said with absolute certainty. However, Dr. Ayoub can say with great confidence that women in Omaha who seek his care absolutely feel an increase in libido. Not because the breast implants cause hormonal imbalances or perhaps fix previous imbalances, but simply because breast implants can help a woman feel more confident in her skin.
Dr. Ayoub can help women who are seeking breast augmentation to figure out the ‘right’ breast size and shape to make them feel attractive. Ultimately, that choice is up to patients, but many women want someone who has years of experience doing the surgeries to help them make a decision while considering surgery, side-effects, and the reality of having breast augmentation surgery. Dr. Ayoub listens to the desires of his patients and uses specialized 3D technology to visualize breast surgery results to help women make the most informed decision. Valuing attractiveness is not a bad thing, and patients should feel welcome to discuss these things with Dr. Ayoub during their consultation.
How Can Breast Augmentation Improve My Emotional Well-Being?
Breasts are one of the most vital aspects of a woman’s feminine identity. Breast implant surgery is also the most common cosmetic surgery performed in America today. Every year, many women in Omaha seek breast augmentation surgery at Westfield Plastic Surgery Center to help them feel better and experience a better sense of emotional well-being.
Low self-confidence due to self-image concerns may affect your success in the workplace. A lack of self-esteem can negatively impact your performance, particularly in situations where you’re required to direct others or give presentations. The way you feel about yourself is vital in portraying a confident demeanor in professional settings.
The emotional benefits of women who receive breast augmentation surgery are one of the key driving forces for women to seek surgery.
- Women can add volume to small breasts to get the curves they want. If a woman has small breasts and an unsatisfactory silhouette, breast augmentations can give them the form they want.
- Women who have asymmetrical breasts can find themselves awkward or undesirable. For some women, this asymmetry is very noticeable, and this can be embarrassing. Surgery can fix these issues, and even out the breasts.
- Some women lose their breast shape due to pregnancy or age. Women in Omaha who seek relief from these issues can find breast augmentation surgery will fix the sagging and loss of volume indicative of age and pregnancy.
Can a Breast Augmentation Balance My Figure?
Omaha women seeking a better silhouette, or a more balanced body may be thinking about breast augmentation. Getting breast implants is about much more than simply having bigger breasts. In fact, with the right approach, breast augmentation can balance your proportions to make your entire figure appear more flattering. Women that feel their limited breast size detracts from their overall profile could very well benefit from a customized approach to breast augmentation by an experienced plastic surgeon. Dr. Ayoub at Westfield Plastic Surgery Center can help women solve their shape and body issues with plastic surgery for breast augmentation.
There are many reasons why women will seek breast augmentation; here are just a few:
- Women may seek to balance out their asymmetrical breasts. Women who have asymmetry may feel that their breasts are uncomfortable, or that they feel uncomfortable in their body. Some asymmetry isn’t noticeable, but for some women, it is very noticeable.
- Women may seek an hourglass shape. Despite diet and exercise, a flat stomach will not make a woman’s breasts larger. Breast augmentation is that final step to allowing a woman an hourglass figure that they’ve worked hard toward.
- Many women in Omaha will find that their breast shape and size does not complement their figure. Breast augmentation surgery can give any woman the breasts they desire and the shape that they need to complement their personal figure. They can give women the breast shape that works with their body.
Pricing For a Breast Augmentation
The cost of breast augmentation varies from patient to patient and will be determined on an individual basis. Dr. Ayoub will meet with you for an extensive consultation during which he will perform a full evaluation, listen to you describe your desired results, and work with you to develop a treatment plan that suits your individual needs.
Dr. Ayoub understands that his patients would like some idea of how much their breast augmentation will cost prior to their consultation. Because of this, he has provided a price estimate tool to help you prepare before you schedule your first breast augmentation appointment.
To schedule a breast augmentation consultation, and have all your questions personally answered by Dr. Ayoub himself, call Westfield Plastic Surgery’s Omaha office at (402) 829-6384.