“Dos” and “Dont’s” After Breast Augmentation Surgery
One of the most critical times for our patients is their recovery period after their breast augmentation. Omaha patients that do their best to follow Dr. Ayoub’s postoperative instructions can have a massive impact on the quality of their results. As the body heals and the implants settle into place, there are a number of strategies and techniques that you should use to make sure that your results look natural and stunning. In this blog post we’ll look at a few of these “Dos and Don’ts, ” and we’ll also discuss some of the things that you can watch out for during the recovery period. Of course, all of our patients will spend a great deal of time talking with Dr. Ayoub about their recovery and will also get an extensive guide that they can take home with them.
How to Recover Breast Augmentation
Omaha patients that follow Dr. Ayoub’s postsurgical instructions can ensure that their scars heal and that their implants look terrific. Here are a few of those instructions.
- Take it easy – Make sure you rest for a couple of days after your surgery and avoid any heavy lifting or strenuous activity. Many of our patients can go back to work after a couple of
- Eat and drink well – Drink lots of water and eat lots of fruits, vegetables, and healthy foods. This will give your body all the resources it needs to heal quickly.
- Wear the compression garment – As your body heals around the breast implant, make sure you’re wearing your compression garment. This will make sure that your body forms a good scar pocket around the implant.
- Treat yourself – After a breast augmentation, Omaha women deserve to look and feel their best. Now is the ideal time to splurge a little and get something that makes your new cleavage and bust look fantastic.
- Don’t sleep on your side – Sleeping on your side can cause serious complications with your breast implants.
- Don’t smoke – Smoking will greatly hinder your body’s ability to heal properly.
- Don’t wear underwire or push-up bra – For at least a month after your procedure, avoid bras with underwires and push up bras. The underwire can irritate the incision scars. A push-up bra can displace the implant as it heals inside the pocket.
How to Get Started with Dr. Ayoub
To get started with a breast augmentation, Omaha women can give us a call today at (402) 829-6384 with any questions or concerns that they might have. We always love hearing from new potential patients! When you call, you’ll be greeted by one of our very friendly and highly trained staff. The next step in the process is to schedule a convenient time for you to come in for a preliminary consultation with Dr. Ayoub. This meeting is designed to give you the chance to ask all your questions so that Dr. Ayoub can address your concerns. Dr. Ayoub may also perform an examination and let you try on some of our implant sizing bras to give you a better sense of what size implant may work best for you. In the meantime, be sure to take a look at our patient gallery of Before-and-After pictures to get an idea of the kind of world-class results that our Omaha patients get.