For Omaha patients that have experienced significant weight loss, moms that are done with pregnancies, and older patients, there is no amount of dieting and exercise that can eliminate loose, hanging skin. No matter how early you wake up to exercise or how often you say no to your favorite foods to stay on your diet, excess skin will not go away. If this is the case for you, there’s still hope! One of our most popular procedures is designed to “erase” excess skin and it’s called an abdominoplasty. Omaha patients may know this procedure by it’s more common name: the tummy tuck. If you’re ready to finally get the body shape you’ve always wanted, then make sure you call us today at (402) 829-6384.
After you call, you’ll get to talk with one of our dedicated and very friendly staff. Getting to hear from our new potential patients is something that we all look forward to here. We love answering your questions and talking with you about any of your concerns. The next step is to set up your complimentary consultation. We’ll find a good time for you to come into our cozy and modern offices to meet with Dr. Ayoub in person. During this consultation, you’ll get to ask Dr. Ayoub all of your questions and talk with him about your concerns. You’ll also get the chance to describe your goals for the procedure and what you want your results to look like. From there, Dr. Ayoub will perform an examination and begin formulating his recommendation and your unique, customized treatment plan. Contact us today to get started.
What is an Abdominoplasty?
Omaha patients have often heard of an abdominoplasty but not many know what actually happens during the procedure. To put it simply, an abdominoplasty eliminates loose skin on the abdomen and leaves the patients with a slimmer, sleeker figure. We want to make one thing very clear: an abdominoplasty is not a weight loss solution. Patients need to be healthy and at a stable weight in order to undergo the procedure. Patients who are expecting to lose a significant amount of weight or get pregnant in the future should wait to have their abdominoplasty until later.
What Happens During an Abdominoplasty?
Omaha patients and Dr. Ayoub spent a great deal of time discussing what actually happens during the abdominoplasty procedure. Dr. Ayoub always makes sure that all of his patients understand every single step in the process. But here’s a quick explanation of how it works.
- The incision – Dr. Ayoub makes an incision above the pubic mound but below the bellybutton from one hip bone to the other. For patients that get a mini abdominoplasty, the incision can be smaller.
- Tighten ab muscles – From there, Dr. Ayoub will loosen the skin and then use sutures to tighten the abdominal muscles. This will give the tummy a tighter and flatter look.
- Liposuction – Dr. Ayoub will then remove any excess fat that he can with liposuction.
- Close incision – Finally, Dr. Ayoub will stretch the excess skin down and the remove it. He will then close the incisions with sutures.
- Insert drains – For our patients that get a full abdominoplasty, Dr. Ayoub will also leave drains in place to drain any fluids or blood that can cause the sutures to stretch.
Recovering from an Abdominoplasty
Omaha patients should always make sure to plan ahead for their recovery period after an abdominoplasty.
- Manage expectations – First of all, our patients will have a very long discussion with Dr. Ayoub about their recovery plan. They’ll get a detailed list of things to expect and how to prepare. But the recovery process can take up to 6 months before you start to see your actual results.
- The first days – Immediately after the procedure, you will need to have someone drive you home. Some patients may need to stay one or two nights in the hospital. You may also want to have someone stay with you as a caregiver to help you get water, use the bathroom, and more.
- Incision care – Patients will experience some discomfort, bruising, and swelling. Dr. Ayoub will prescribe pain medication to help. You’ll also have dressings on the incision and surgical compression garments to help with healing.
- Drains – Patients that have drains will need to empty them regularly. Drains are usually removed between 3 days and two weeks after.
If you’re ready to “delete” your loose, excess skin from your tummy then please call Dr. Ayoub today at (402) 829-6384. Our patients get beautiful, trim, and sleek results and you can even check out our gallery of incredible Before-and-After photos to see his work for yourself. We can’t wait to help you get started!