Tummy Tuck Omaha
If you’d like a smoother, more contoured abdomen with less excess skin and fat, it may be time to consider getting a tummy tuck. Every year, Dr. Ayoub of Westfield Plastic Surgery Center performs several tummy tuck surgeries on female and male patients in Omaha who have excess skin and fat as well as loose or separated abdominal muscles. Dr. Ayoub recommends a tummy tuck for:
- People who have lost a significant amount weight and are now at their ideal goal weight range, but have excess skin and fat from their previous body shape.
- Women who do not intend to have more children, as additional pregnancies may negate the results of a tummy tuck surgery.
- Older patients who have excess sagging skin around their abdomen.
A tummy tuck can improve your overall body contour by removing skin and a small amount of fat, as well as tightening your abdominal muscles, making you feel more comfortable and confident in your skin, clothes and a bathing suit.*
Fixing Abdominal Separation (Diastasis Recti)
Abdominal separation, or diastasis recti, is a common problem experienced by many women after the birth of their children. The strain of pregnancy weight, or sometimes labor, can cause your abdominal muscles to separate and project more than usual. If you’re suffering from diastasis recti, there’s nothing you yourself can do to keep your belly from protruding. Surgically tightening and reattaching these muscles is part of Dr. Ayoub’s comprehensive tummy tuck surgery and will be discussed during your consultation if you are showing signs of this often frustrating condition.
Removing a C-Section Scar
While most OBGYNs do their best to place C-section scars below the bikini line, it isn’t always possible to place them in this ideal spot. And, if you’re an Omaha mother who had an emergency C-section, you may have a vertical C-section scar. Depending on the amount of skin and fat that needs to be removed during your tummy tuck, a tummy tuck incision may be able to finally remove your C-section scar, replacing it with a below-the-bikini-line scar so that you can feel comfortable and confident in a two-piece bathing suit.
Choosing the Right Procedure
Most Omaha patients are familiar with a traditional tummy tuck surgery that reduces skin and fat above and below the belly button. The incision for a traditional tummy tuck surgery extends hip to hip, underneath the bikini line, to reveal the underlying abdominal muscles and remove skin.
Mini Tummy Tuck
A mini tummy tuck, which is done through a smaller incision and only addresses the area below the belly button, is another option for patients. This type of tummy tuck is ideal for Omaha patients who have:
- Little excess skin and fat, but still desire to have these problem areas addressed.
- Diastasis recti, or separated abdominal muscles.
- Developed a fat deposit under their belly button, which is common in older women, or women who have had children.
The mini tummy tuck will not reposition your belly button and is only recommended for certain patients.
Omaha patients who were obese and have drastically reduced their body weight will require a panniculectomy to reduce skin and fat. Unlike a tummy tuck, a panniculectomy only reduces excess skin and fat that often hangs over the groin or thighs of patients. This procedure does not move the belly button or tighten the abdominal wall.
Your Tummy Tuck Consultation
Dr. Ayoub is a board-certified plastic surgeon with nearly 15 years of experience performing tummy tucks. During your consultation he will:
- Perform a comprehensive examination and listen to your concerns about problem areas.
- Discuss different approaches to your tummy tuck.
- Outline the benefits, cost, and risks of this procedure.
- Explain possible results using TouchMD’s patient portal.
- Answer all of your questions about the procedure and recovery process.
After your consultation, you will have access to TouchMD’s patient portal to review information about the procedure and your consultation. Dr. Ayoub encourages you to ask any questions about your procedure and takes as much time as needed to answer and explain every detail fully. After all, Dr. Ayoub is committed to ensuring that all of his Omaha tummy tuck patients are as informed about their procedure as possible.
What Will Happen During the Tummy Tuck?
In preparation for your tummy tuck, you should be at your ideal weight range and have the time to recover properly from surgery. On the day of surgery, you will meet Dr. Ayoub at a local outpatient hospital and be prepared for surgery using anesthesia to make you comfortable, put you to sleep and keep you fully unaware of the surgery as it is taking place. Afterward, Dr. Ayoub will:
- Make a long horizontal incision across your lower abdomen, from hip to hip.
- Reduce excess skin and fat from your abdomen.
- Perform a corset abdominal musculature tightening to centralize your abdominal muscles.
- Carefully close the incision to minimize scarring and promote healing.
After your surgery, you will have time to recover in the outpatient hospital, and Dr. Ayoub himself will check to see that you are doing well after surgery. Most patients can return home the same day as the procedure.*
As part of your recovery process, you will be wearing a compression garment when you leave the hospital. This garment will support your abdominal muscles as you heal and reduce swelling for the first 3-6 weeks following your surgery. You will not be able to do any exercise or heavy lifting – including lifting your children – until Dr. Ayoub clears you to do so. Dr. Ayoub will check your healing one week after your procedure as well as six weeks after the procedure. The entire recovery period for your tummy tuck will take between 4-6 weeks, but your scar will continue to heal for a few months after.*
Am I a Good Candidate for a Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tucks can be performed on most Omaha women and men who meet the following requirements:
- Are in good overall health.
- Are non-smokers, or promise to quit smoking for a few weeks before and after their tummy tuck, as smoking can interfere both with the surgery and recovery period.
- Have a problem area to be addressed, such as separated abdominal muscles or excess belly skin and/or
- Are in good psychological health.
- Have realistic expectations for their procedure.
- If female, do not intend to have any additional children as future pregnancies can undo the incredible results of a tummy tuck.*
Combining a Tummy Tuck with Other Procedures
A tummy tuck is a safe, routine plastic surgery procedure that can be combined with other plastic surgeries, too. Most commonly, Omaha women choose to combine a tummy tuck with a breast augmentation and/or breast lift for a procedure that is commonly known as a Mommy Makeover. If you desire to have both abdominal and breast work performed, talk to Dr. Ayoub about the benefits of combining these two surgeries into one event.
Schedule Your Tummy Tuck Consultation
If you’re ready for a more sculpted tummy, why wait? For a tighter abdomen, call Westfield Plastic Surgery’s Omaha office at (402) 829-6384 to schedule your complimentary tummy tuck consultation.