5 Aftercare Tips Following Laser Resurfacing
At Westfield Plastic Surgery Center, Dr. Ayoub provides men and women in Omaha with the MiXto Fractional CO2 laser, which is a revolutionary skin resurfacing treatment that can drastically improve the skin’s appearance and reduce signs of aging. Whether you’re dealing with sun spots, fine lines and wrinkles, or acne scars, laser resurfacing can restore your skin to a more youthful appearance and give you that extra boost of self-confidence you’ve been lacking. When your laser resurfacing is complete, you will be left with beautiful new skin and a refreshed appearance. In order to help you heal properly and end up with the results you want, we are providing you with 5 aftercare tips you should follow after your laser resurfacing procedure.
- Use Pain Medication And Creams – After your laser resurfacing, Dr. Ayoub will give you instructions on how to manage your pain with over-the-counter pain medication. It is important that you follow his instructions and stay on schedule, so your pain doesn’t get the best of you.
- Do Not Pick At Your Wounds – Be extra careful with your skin after your laser resurfacing. Though it might be tempting, it is crucial that you not pick at your open wounds. This could leave scarring and give you negative results.
- Stay Out Of The Sun – We all know the warnings of what too much Omaha sun exposure can do to the skin, but this is especially important after you undergo laser resurfacing. Sun exposure during your healing process could cause hyperpigmentation, so be careful to protect your face from the sun’s rays until you are completely healed.
- Do Not Use Makeup – Dr. Ayoub will give you clear instructions for when you will be able to use makeup products again, but until he clears you, do not apply cosmetics to your face. You could introduce bacteria that could lead to infection and other complications.
- Use Proper Hygiene – It goes without saying that you should wash your hands before touching your face, but you should even be sure to wash your hands before washing your face. Dr. Ayoub also recommends that his Omaha laser resurfacing patients be sure to have a clean pillowcase on their pillow after their treatment and avoid any kind of contact with items that could introduce bacteria into your wounds, such as a cell phone, sunglasses, or clothing items.
Dr. Ayoub Is Just A Phone Call Away
Dr. Ayoub provides all of his new patients with complimentary consultations, so there’s no risk to you. If you want a more refreshed look, or if you have been dealing with scars or those telltale signs of aging, give his Omaha office a call today to book your initial consultation. During your visit, you will be able to explain your concerns to Dr. Ayoub and find out what the best treatment options are for your unique circumstances.
You can reach a member of his friendly team by calling (402) 829-6384.